Canada is the preferred destination for millions of people around the globe. The federal government created the Canada Express Entry Program as a means of expediting entry to Canada for applicants who meet the criteria. Applicants who apply will enjoy more defined and reliable prospects when it comes to skill set. They will also be allowed to regulate their career path prior to landing in the country.
What is Canada Express Entry Program?
The Express Entry Program is comprised of other federal programs, such as the Federal Skilled Worker Program, the Federal Skilled Trades Program, and the Canadian Experience Class.
How is Processing Done for Canada Express Entry:
- Applicants create their individual express entry profiles which includes their educational qualifications, skill sets and work experience.
- Applicants are required to register in Canada Job Bank to be ranked in a pool of potential applicants. It further gives a boost to their chances of being invited for Canada Permanent Residency.
- The eligible profiles are moved up in ranking as per the Express Entry Pool.
- The local authorities, employers and provinces then sort the applicant according to their profiles and the interest employers take in each profile.
- After they receive the invitation, they can apply for permanent residency via the relevant programs.
Criteria for Express Entry
Anyone can apply for express entry, however, only applicants who have their profiles selected will be successful. Therefore, the more qualified an applicant is, the more likely they are of being selected.
Express Entry System Requirements
As far as the requirements for Express Entry program are concerned, they are quite similar to another program offered by CIC called ‘Federal Skilled Worker Program’ (FSWP). There is no first-come-first-serve criteria. Instead, the applications are scrutinized on the basis of quality of the candidate. The various factors influencing the selection are education, Canadian work experience, age, language proficiency and other skills that are relevant as per the application.
Canada Express Entry Immigration Points System
Potential candidates are evaluated according to a points based system.
- Maximum 600 Points – For applicants who have a nomination and valid job offer from a province.
- Maximum 500 Points – As per the education level, language proficiency and work experience.
- Maximum 100 Points – As per other factors such as blend of education level, foreign experience and documentation in the skilled trades.
- Maximum 110 Points – If the candidate is aged between 20 to 29 years.
- 150 Points – Are awarded to candidates with PhD.s
- 30 Points – Applicants with a high school diploma.
We, at Guaranteed Immigration Vancouver, provide comprehensive help to applicants seeking Express Entry. Our immigration consultants provide in-depth help to businesses as well as individuals.